Hi, I am Micaila Williams. If you have committed or been accused of any criminal offence we at Law for Life can help you every step of the way. We provide straight talking, affordable and practical advice from specialist Solicitors and Barristers as well as full representation at the Magistratesâ or Crown Court.
We can also provide you with any forms/documents you need to complete the case together with DIY guides if you choose to represent yourself . Feel free to contact us now for more details.
GENERAL ADULT SENTENCING
ABSOLUTE DISCHARGE This is the lowest sentencingÂ that can be imposed and means you will not actually be punished for the offence, although you will have a conviction on your permanent record.
CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE This sentencingÂ can be imposed for a maximum of 3 years and means you are not immediately punished for the offence, but if you commit any new offences during the currency of the order you will be more severely punished and will be re-sentenced for the original offence and may receive higher sentencing.
FINE This is a financial penalty sentencingÂ which will be calculated in accordance with your means and in accordance with the serious nature of the offence you face.
COMMUNITY ORDERS This type ofÂ sentencing includes;
- Unpaid work (old-fashioned community service) between 40-240 hours
- Attendance Centre.
- Drug Rehabilitation Requirement.
- Prohibited Activity requirement
- Specified Activity Requirement.
- Exclusion Requirement.
- Programme Requirement.
- Alcohol Treatment Requirement.
- Mental Health Treatment Requirement.
- Suspended Imprisonment
- Extended Sentences
- Imprisonment for Public Protection (IPP)
ANCILLARY ORDERS This type ofÂ sentencing includes;
- Restraining Orders
- Anti-Social Behaviour Orders
- Compensation order
- Victims Surcharge
- License Endorsement (Penalty Points)
- License Endorsement (Disqualification)