Hi, I am Micaila Williams. If you have committed or been accused of any criminal offence we at Law for Life can help you every step of the way. We provide straight talking, affordable and practical advice from specialist Solicitors and Barristers as well as full representation at the Magistratesâ or Crown Court.
We can also provide you with any forms/documents you need to complete the case together with DIY guides if you choose to represent yourself . Feel free to contact us now for more details.
DEFENDANT’S COSTS ORDER
GETTING YOUR LEGAL COSTS BACK – COSTS ORDER If you have
- been found not guilty after trial; or
- had a case dropped against you; or
- been successful in Appealing the decision of the Magistrates Court
You are entitled to a costs order from the Court that any reasonably incurred legal fees should be assessed by the National Taxing Team and paid from the Courtâs Central Funds.
This means that a significant proportion of any legal fees you have incurred will be reimbursed to you at the end of the case through a costs order.
THE APPLICATION FOR A COSTS ORDER The costs order application is usually completed by your legal team but it is important that you know about it as this can be an important safety net when you are contemplating whether or not you can afford legal representation, although the “refund” process through a costs order can take up to 3 months.
NEXT STEPS FOR A COSTS ORDER
- If you have already been to court, contact your legal team to ensure that they have completed all the necessary paperwork for theÂ costs order forÂ you.
- If you haven’t yet been to court and have not yet decided whether you want or need representation then please contact usÂ as soon as you can so we can discuss your case with you and decide ifÂ costs order needs to be reclaimed.